Pretending It’s Summer
Pretending it’s summer is not as complicated as it sounds and here are some self-help tips:
* The right soundtrack is indispensable. Summer Breeze by the Isley Brothers is perfect and you can even get great tips from the lyrics. For example the line: ‘summer breeze/makes me feel fine/blowing through the jasmine in my mind’ can be re-enacted by putting jasmine oil in the aromatherapy burner and sitting five feet away from a fan heater.
* Visit clothes stores which, bless their cotton socks, are awash with sarongs and teensy weensy tops in summery colours which is proof that summer exists even if it’s currently elsewhere.
* Walk faster it induces a feeling of warmth.
* Taste summer by buying feta cheese and olives and always ask for a bit of flake in your ice-cream cone.
* Remember that the glass is either half empty or half full and after a bottle of red wine grown somewhere that may be too hot the climate improves almost instantly.
If you are in the mood for being read to click here to hear me reading from The Truth Club